Vehicle Routing Profiles
A Vehicle Routing Profile is a collection of settings that ensure the routing algorithm knows the type of vehicle being driven so it can apply all physical and legal road restrictions when generating the route. Routing Profiles also include settings that take into account a fleet’s preferences for how a vehicle should be routed.
This API allows you to:
- Retrieve information about “out of the box” default profiles to use in your applications. Multiple default profiles are available for each worldwide region. They can be called using the Get Default Profiles endpoint.
This API shares a database with the Configure Fleet Settings > Vehicle Routing Profiles feature in the Account Manager web tool. Profiles created or updated via API can be viewed and updated in Account Manager.
To gain access to the Vehicle Routing Profiles API, you must request an API key—or have access added to an existing API key—by contacting our Support Team at .
In the CoPilot app and our web APIs and applications, default profiles are available that are fit for the most common types of commercial vehicles on the road today. This API is generally used by fleets that want to customize their routes using the many settings available in a Vehicle Routing Profile. These settings include:
- Vehicle dimensions
- Road preferences related to toll roads, roads at higher elevations, ferries, U.S. National Network routing, and international borders
- Hazmat restrictions
- Routing in Environmental and Congestion zones in Europe
- Side-of-street routing
With this API, you can create, update, delete, or retrieve Vehicle Routing Profiles, including preset, default Trimble Maps profiles and custom profiles that you create. Those profiles can then be used in:
- CoPilot navigation: Profiles are assigned to Vehicle or Driver Groups in Account Manager using the
Nameyou give to a profile when you create it via API.
- Routing APIs and Maps: Profiles are applied to routes using the
profileIdparameter, which is the
routingProfileIdreturned when you create a profile.
The API is accessed via the following URL:
- GET: Retrieve default profiles
- POST: Create a custom Vehicle Routing Profile
- GET: Retrieve a custom profile (by name or by ID)
- PUT: Update a custom Vehicle Routing Profile (by ID)
- DELETE: Delete a custom Vehicle Routing Profile
A common workflow would include:
- A Get Default Profiles call to retrieve all of the default profiles for the vehicle types in your worldwide region.
- Using the default profile for your fleet’s vehicle type as a starting point, you can then make a POST call to create a custom profile with any changes in the default profile’s settings you would like for your fleet.
- Once you have create a custom profile, the API returns a
routingProfileId. That ID can be used to apply that custom profile to routes in our Web APIs and Maps with the
- If you are a CoPilot navigation customer, the
Nameyou assigned to that custom profile can also be viewed in Account Manager’s Configure Fleet Settings. There, it can be assigned to vehicle or driver groups for use in CoPilot routing.
- The other API endpoints are used to retrieve, update, or delete custom and default profiles.